
Brighton3 - 0Arsenal



I can’t believe we got pecked by the seagulls, FUCK! Always hated seagulls… Anyway, Brighton were brilliant. Faster at every step, absolutely frenetic pressing, and just wanted it more. Made everything very uncomfortable and difficult for us, and played their hearts out. Kudos to them, well played. I haven’t seen the Arsenal this off the pace in a long time. It wasn’t a matter of not having any ideas going forward, we seemed to have plenty of ideas, we just couldn’t pull any of them off it seemed. Slow to everything, midfielders dropping deep to receive and leaving an enormous void in the center of the pitch, where the Brighton press just snapped up every loose ball or loose pass. It’s like we knew what to do, we just weren’t doing it. Reacting instead of acting, and facing a tempo this high, that was a recipe for disaster. Watching the players get visibly more and more frustrated as they misplaced passes, mistimed runs, and were beaten to loose balls made me unbelievably frustrated as well. I’m not going to let emotion take over and declare the sign of the end times. Yes, we were dogshit on the pitch, but I’m not really worried yet. Some players could really be giving me more (ahem, Eze, looking at you…), and certain combinations just weren’t working at all (Konsa and Gabriel looked uneasy next to each other), but there’s certainly a cause for this which I’m confident they’ll iron out. The whole match looked like Arsenal had all been poisoned, and Brighton had all smoked crack in the tunnel before coming out, and we’ve seen enough of this Arsenal team to know that’s pretty out of character. Shit games happen, better now than later I guess. Saka is indecisive in front of goal, and is taking 1-2 too many touches. Havertz needs to put that away, but nice combo with Gyokeres. Calafiori is a total footballer. Dowman🫰 The only silver lining is that we didn’t give up a 2-goal lead, at least… The next seagull I see, I’m wringing its neck, sorry mate. COYG❤️🤍
Espanyol1 - 3Elche



Absolutely sublime from Elche to hand out a thrashing like that down a man for 85+ minutes. Absolutely shambolic from Espanyol, I don’t even have words to describe how pathetic that was lol. Every Elche player gets a 10, every Espanyol player gets a 1. only sort of watched this game, but logging anyway…

Elche
Brentford3 - 0Chelsea



😂🫵

Brentford
Bayern7 - 0Union Berlin



SUPER BAYERN, SUPER BAYERN, HEY, HEY!

Bayern
Barcelona7 - 2Racing Santander



so this is why my bookd was brickd

Barcelona
Milan0 - 2Benfica



don’t worry about it


Benfica
Deportivo La Coruna0 - 1Sevilla



poor response from Depor when they went down to 10, good result for Sevilla. No dog in this fight but glad to see Sevilla turning things around.

Sevilla
Ipswich2 - 4Arsenal



Max ‘Lionel Messi’ Dowman played well

Arsenal
Man United0 - 1Man City



hilarious match

Man City
Sunderland0 - 2Arsenal




Arsenal
Chelsea2 - 2Hull City



tigers are mauling their way through the Premier League, love to see it

Hull City
Bayern5 - 0Bodo/Glimt



rip my prediction at the last moment

Bayern
Napoli0 - 1Arsenal



I love Martin Ødegaard ❤️🤍❤️ I do not love the red on red kit/shorts combo

Arsenal
Elche2 - 3Real Sociedad




Real Sociedad
Getafe1 - 1Celta Vigo



why did i do this to myself

Celta Vigo
Juventus1 - 1Milan



decided to bring myself down from the high of Arsenal winning by watching this, brilliant gambit on my part 👍

Juventus
Arsenal2 - 1Chelsea



✋😛🤚 ❤️🤍❤️ King Kai hatessss Chelsea and I love it


Arsenal
Hull City0 - 0Aston Villa


4 stars for the Tigers, 0 stars for Aston Villa lol. How did McBurnie miss? should have been a mauling, instead it’s a few minor scratches, but great first 3 results for Hull regardless

Hull City
Brighton4 - 0Aston Villa


hilarious match

Brighton



solid performance in a fixture we lost last year. Worried about our defensive health, thank god we got Konsa. Calafiori is a total footballer, and the best LB in the PL

Arsenal
Arsenal3 - 0Coventry



Great way to start a title defence, inject that hopium straight into my veinssss ❤️🤍 Havertz on form, Saka looking sharp, Benny Blanco playing like it’s 2022/23, Ødegaard having fun again, Calafiori all over the pitch so everyone knows just how hot he is🫦, it’s looking wonderful. I hope Rice can be managed conservatively for the next couple months. Lewis-Skelly gives us so much in midfield. Tzolis looks to be the bargain of the decade, how have we managed to get him for so little?? Our depth looks amazing as well. It’s going to be an incredible season, mark my words. Couldn’t be more excited.

Arsenal
Arsenal3 - 0Man City



we’re so back


Arsenal
France0 - 2Spain



Spain are quite good at football

Spain
France4 - 6England



lots of goals, very little defense. The main story for me is Kylian

France
Paraguay0 - 1France




France
Argentina3 - 1Switzerland




Switzerland
Spain1 - 0Argentina



ahaha VAMOS ESPAÑAAAA🇪🇸❤️💛


Spain
England1 - 2Argentina



Unbelievable scriptwriting. You hate to see it, but at least Lamine Yamal now has a chance to ascend the throne with the King Emeritus to bear witness #pleasegod

Argentina
Norway1 - 2England



Jude Bellingham…

England
Spain2 - 1Belgium



M6 strikes again


Spain
France2 - 0Morocco



I have always been envious of Clairefontaine, but never more so than I am currently. France just have it figured out right now. Morocco really missed Ismael Saibari, and had he been able to start, it would surely have been a closer, more entertaining match, but I still can’t imagine they would have won. France just look nearly unstoppable right now.

France
Switzerland0 - 0Colombia



Happy for my man Granit Xhaka mostly, and also kinda for my Swiss lil brothers. Heartbreaking end for Colombia, capping off an emotional and nervy but ultimately disappointing World Cup. This team has good players, they have the ability to play really beautiful football, but it just never really seemed to get going. I guess it just highlights how much tournaments like this are form- and momentum-dependent. I really like this team, I hope they maintain their identity and find some better form going forward. They really do seem like the most ‘South American’ team from South America at the moment, and I think that identity and style is being somewhat eroded (see Brazil), which is a shame. At least Colombia is giving us glimpses of joga bonito. 🇨🇴💛💙❤️ Head up Lucho, my king!

Switzerland
Argentina3 - 2Egypt



It’s hard to argue with Lionel Messi… heartbreaking Edit: didn’t mention anything about the officiating because I was feeling quite strongly, but upon reflection, yeah my feelings were totally valid. That disallowed goal is disgraceful

Argentina
USA1 - 4Belgium



Respect to Flo Balogun for serving his suspension on the pitch in protest. This is the kind of integrity we need in sport.

Belgium
Portugal0 - 1Spain



huge day for my pfp


Spain
Mexico2 - 3England



The viagra worked… Heartbreak for Mexico, but what an incredible match. Both sides left everything on the pitch, Mexico can hold their heads high, what a run from them, what an effort.

England
Brazil1 - 2Norway



Very happy for Norway & my captain! Very sad for Brazil & my Gabis! Norway played very well. They came out, played how they wanted to play, took control, & put Brazil in a position where they would have to earn the game back, which they never did. Solbakken’s decision to take Nusa and Sørloth off at half time for Bobb & Schjelderup was bold, but paid off massively. Haaland is simply inevitable. Ødegaard controlled the midfield today, he was everywhere, & seemed to have more of the ball than the whole Brazilian midfield combined. Norway knew where their advantages were, they pressed on Brazil’s weaknesses, & they gave their alien up top the chances he needed to do his thing. I could definitely see this team beating England or Mexico if they continue to play like this & show this togetherness & spirit. I’m almost irrationally upset about how poor Brazil were. Their first few games this WC were certainly far from convincing, but there were signs it *could* keep improving, & they’re Brazil, so you can never count them out. That said, this was abysmal. I think what sticks out to me the most is the lack of confidence & belief in the whole team. Brazil lost the mental side of this match very, very early on (perhaps even days or weeks ago), & it showed all match. This sport is far more mental than we often give it credit for, & this is a great example of how dramatically a lack of belief, confidence, & desire can affect a team’s performance. Brazil just looked like they couldn’t get the thought out of their heads that they might well lose today, & once that doubt creeps in, it’s very, very difficult to overcome. Brazilian football is in a dire state, & figuring out what it needs to get back to its identity, its former glory, its joga bonito, is a daunting proposition for another day. That said, the ending of this match was a microcosm of at least some of the issues plaguing La Seleção, and I’m sad to say I don’t see it improving soon. (cont’d in comments lol)

Norway
Canada0 - 3Morocco



Canada did their best, and had a good run. Clear improvement from them. Morocco, despite their abysmal first half, are undeniably a very good team. Ounahi, Bouaddi, and El Aynaoui were great today.

Morocco
Colombia1 - 0Ghana



Colombia shaping up to be a serious dark horse

Colombia
Argentina3 - 2Cape Verde Islands



Best match of the tournament so far, what an unbelievable showing from os Tubarões Azuis. To take Argentina through 120 minutes, to come back from behind twice, to show such heart and determination, one of the greatest World Cup performances of all time. I’m sure they’ll be back at the World Cup after a magical run like this. Cabo Verde you will forever have my heart! 🇨🇻🦈🇨🇻🦈🇨🇻🦈🇨🇻🦈🇨🇻🦈🇨🇻🦈🇨🇻🦈

Cape Verde Islands
bookd.