Argentina3 - 0Benin



Lionel Messi, where do i even begin? Growing up, I heard your name be said thousands if not millions of times in the hallways, classrooms, and lunch tables. Said at dinner tables and family reunions when we discussed futbol. Your name was guaranteed to come up when people were discussing the best of the best in this sport. I still remember when the boys would tear each other apart for their opinions on the Ronaldo v Messi debate. Seeing Argentina play against other Latin countries in the Copa America, it was almost always a guaranteed win for Argentina. I loathed you for winning against the underdogs for years but watching you play during the 2022 World Cup final I finally came to respect you. Watching that game, I already knew there would be nothing like it. The passion that bled onto the field by both teams was unmatched to anything i’ve ever seen. I stayed on my couch the whole 3 hours. At the time, I wasn’t even interested in futbol. Despite that, being with family and seeing an insane game on my screen was enough to get me to stay. Seeing you once again play in this year’s World Cup, I couldn’t hate you for winning as you worked hard to get yourself to where you are now. Messi, thank you for the moments and memories i know we’ll never forgot. Thank you for inspiring thousands to play this amazing sport. Thank you for bringing people closer together. Thanks for everything.


Argentina
Croatia0 - 7England



turned on the game and saw gordon score feeling #blessed they did NOT let croatia get back up 😭😭😭

England
Mexico1 - 1Peru



yk what we didn’t lose this time

Peru
Czechia0 - 2England



day was honestly pretty bad seeing anthony gordon score a goal made today be so much better #ilovehimsomuch

England
England2 - 3Spain



anthony gordon goal made me jump and run around kane…. fun fact: phoebe bridgers’ “i know the end” was playing as the match ended and i think that was insanely perfect

England
USA4 - 1Peru



saw both of my teams lose today i literally cannot rn worse of all, i already knew we’d lose so badly
Netherlands1 - 1Germany



it wasn’t bad but i still miss club football also equalizer at the last min 👀
Brighton3 - 0Arsenal



crying tears of joy rn

Brighton
Spain1 - 0Argentina



sigh
bookd.













