bookd.
thom

thom

@thom

recognise I’m a fool and you love me

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿boxd.it/1jNOH
Created March 2026
Filters
40 reviews
FA WSL
Tottenham Hotspur W1 - 6London City Lionesses W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★3d ago

The best thing about football is that one day we’ll all die and none of this will matter.

Player of the match
Victoria Pelova
Tottenham Hotspur W
WSL Cup
Brighton W0 - 1Tottenham Hotspur W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★1w ago

Hardly the most exciting, but definitely a deserved win. This wonderful start to the season continues 🤍

Player of the match
Olivia Holdt
Tottenham Hotspur W
FA WSL
Chelsea W1 - 0Arsenal W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★1w ago

Imagine letting Victoria Pelova leave when you can’t score a goal.

FA WSL
Tottenham Hotspur W4 - 0Aston Villa W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★1w ago

The most comfortable game I’ve seen since Dorch yesterday afternoon. What a glorious weekend of football.

Player of the match
Victoria Pelova
Tottenham Hotspur W
FA WSL
Crystal Palace W0 - 7Tottenham Hotspur W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★2w ago

You can’t ask for much more than that, can you? A spirited performance from the 10 player home team in the first half when you questioned whether the breakthrough would come, but that second half was something else. When Holdt got the third, I was fine for it to stay there - if only for my prediction - but I’m glad the fourth came shortly after. Lovely, lovely stuff. Commiserations to Molly and Beth, but their feelings aside, this feels good. Very good.

Player of the match
Olivia Holdt
Tottenham Hotspur W
1
Premier League
Tottenham2 - 3Aston Villa
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★2w ago

What’s the point? Big up Taylor Russell.

Player of the match
Zion Suzuki
Aston Villa
Carabao Cup
Liverpool3 - 1Tottenham
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★3w ago

Even when we play well we lose. Fuck me. Mamardashvili channeling his inner Tim Krul. At least I saw this cat at half time.

Player of the match
Giorgi Mamardashvili
Liverpool
FA WSL
Liverpool W1 - 1Tottenham Hotspur W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★3w ago

Grateful to leave there with a point, though I’d say that’s split somewhat between Kop being the greatest keeper of all time and Liverpool not being able to finish. We’re always dreadful in Merseyside so I’ll take that and onto the next one.

Player of the match
Lize Kop
Tottenham Hotspur W
FA WSL
Tottenham Hotspur W3 - 1West Ham W
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★4w ago

Comfortable from the first minute - what a feeling. Incredibly disappointing to lose the clean sheet and we should have had more but I’m going to reserve my complaints until it costs us.

Player of the match
Kirsty Hanson
Tottenham Hotspur W
Premier League
Tottenham0 - 2Newcastle
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★29 Aug 2026

A much better performance than last week but a very disappointing way to lose. We always preach patience but it’s difficult when you’re sat at the bottom of the league. I’m not scared yet: the forward reinforcements should make a difference given more time but we were spoiled with the inevitability of Kane and Son for such a long time that having mortal finishers feels like a death knell for the club. I don’t think we’ll be relegated this season. I may be wrong but I think we’re improving. Maybe. Things will be fine, right? If they weren’t, I wouldn’t have seen this beautiful cat the other day.

Premier League
Brentford3 - 0Tottenham
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★22 Aug 2026

Absolutely fucking atrocious. Mad that things could have been so different if Moore took any of those three chances but we deserved absolutely nothing. Getting players back and the new lads in cannot happen soon enough. Not losing my arse about it but it’s a slight concern at least. Tel, Robertson and Fernandes okay but little quality elsewhere. Brentford were very good - let’s hope for better next time out.

Player of the match
Mamadou Sangaré
Brentford
Friendlies Clubs
Tottenham1 - 1Getafe
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★8 Aug 2026

No one asked, but I’ve had a nice couple of weeks. I saw Alien Ant Farm live, went to Longleat (red pandas!) and a few National Trust sites, and stayed in London for a week. My birthday was on Thursday - I’m an old man now. Life felt good. Emphasis on “felt” - I thought what better way to round out my time off before work on Monday with glorious Tottenham Hotspur. Predictably, I got what I deserved. Absolute boring shite. Getafe don’t know the meaning of friendly - hopefully we’ll never see them again. Real football coming back can’t come soon enough because this is not scratching any sort of itch.

Player of the match
David Soria
Getafe
8
Friendlies Clubs
Chelsea1 - 2Tottenham
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★1 Aug 2026

I have no idea how Chelsea come back from this. Abject failure from Alonso who will be lucky to see Christmas at this rate. Meanwhile, De Zerbi continues to make his early case for Manager of the Season en-route to winning the title. Pru pru 🐦

Player of the match
Mathys Tel
Tottenham
Friendlies Clubs
Tottenham1 - 0Milton Keynes Dons
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★22 Jul 2026

What a match, based on a sample size of the first five minutes. Corker of a goal, then it seems like I missed nothing at all listening to comms. On the plus side, I did get to see this beautiful cat I haven’t seen in over a year on the way home from work, so who’s the real winner here?

Player of the match
Mathys Tel
Tottenham
4
World Cup
Spain1 - 0Argentina
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★19 Jul 2026

Pedro Porro. Single-handedly stopping racism. Doing it for Javier Bardem. You love to see it.

Player of the match
Pedro Porro
Spain
World Cup
England1 - 2Argentina
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★15 Jul 2026

Despite being perennial relegation favourites, Tottenham Hotspur FC have the two best right backs in the world. Djed couldn’t stop racism today. It’s all up to you, Pedrito.

Player of the match
Djed Spence
England
1
World Cup
Paraguay0 - 1France
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★4 Jul 2026

Utter shite from Paraguay. The ref was just as bad. Absolute waste of time.

World Cup
England2 - 1Congo DR
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★1 Jul 2026

Anyone who blamed Spence for the goal has zero understanding of football and I question if they have functioning eyes.

Player of the match
Harry Kane
England
World Cup
Norway1 - 4France
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★26 Jun 2026

Doué has made the list for that totally unnecessary goal.

Player of the match
Ousmane Dembélé
France
World Cup
England0 - 0Ghana
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★23 Jun 2026

Knew it couldn’t get any better than Djed blanking Partey. What a guy.

Player of the match
Djed Spence
England
World Cup
Spain4 - 0Saudi Arabia
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★21 Jun 2026

You made me wait all that time to take away Porro's assist? Shameful.

Player of the match
Mikel Oyarzabal
Spain
World Cup
England4 - 2Croatia
thom
thom@thom
☆☆☆☆☆★★★★★17 Jun 2026

Seeing Kane and Modrić share a pitch is always as special. Shame we didn’t get to see the equally iconic Spence x Vušković but I guess we can’t have it all. Perišić continues to defy time. It’s coming home.

Player of the match
Djed Spence
England